Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Funny Story

While my children were at my mom's yesterday, they were instructed to go "wake Becca up". So, naturally, they excitedly climbed the stairs to her room to give her the Surprise Awakening. When they got to her room, they discovered that she was already awake, lying in bed waiting for a phone call. So they did what kids do, got up there with her to bounce around and play. She let them carry on for a few minutes, then put an end to it by telling them, "Okay guys, I'm waiting for a phone call, so when my phone rings, we all need to be really quiet, okay?" They both nodded their heads solemnly, "We will."

It was quiet for a minute (a.k.a. boring) before Malachi, perched on his knees on the side of the bed, sighed, looked both ways, and said, "Well girlth, I'm out." At Malachi's comment, Madison rolled her eyes and scoffed. Becca had to stifle her giggle. When Malachi got to her doorway, he turned around and said, "I might be back."

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

HA! love it - that boy needs a TV show.