Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Full-Time, Schmull-Time

Kudos to all of you out there (men and women, but especially women) who work full-time. There are soo many words I could use to describe my sentiments, but "DRAINING" pretty much sums it up.

I've never worked full time in my life (well, save for the few weeks last year when I started this job and helped my former co-workers through the remainder of the school year...but it's different when you're just starting a new job. That's another post entirely.) And, I want to say that I will never do it again, but I'm not God, I can't see the future. A good friend of mine just this week had to go back to work full-time to support her family. Her husband fell 20-30 feet out of a tree in their yard and broke his back 5 months ago. I'm sure she didn't see herself in this position any time soon.

But to tell you the truth, it's really getting old. Don't get me wrong, the money's really nice, but take a peek in one of my windows at home, and you may get a sliver of what I'm talking about. It's not that I don't have time in the evening to get things done, it's just that by the time I get home, eat supper (thanks to the World's Greatest Husband who usually has food on the table for us when I get home), bathe the kids and put them to bed, I have NOTHING left in me for the house.

Now my boss is wondering if I will work full-time past our agreed "early April" date. I haven't given him an answer yet, but am waiting on the Lord to give me guidance in the matter. So pray for Seth and I as we tackle this dilemma!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Mmmhmm, I'm hearing you. I was drained working full-time WITHOUT children. Not for me, no way. Hang in there, girl!

Kameron & Teresa said...

I hear your pain...working full time is a tough job. I remember not too long ago working full time, going to school part time and having a 3 year old at home...then becoming pregnant really wiped me out! Thankfully Kameron is a wonderful cook and would also have dinner on the table when I got home. Love ya!