Thursday, October 18, 2007

Colic

Well, just when I thought things were "back to normal", colic rears it's ugly head. My poor child, what more must he go through?!

I'd say Tuesday night was the worst. I think I bounced him around the living room and dining room for about 2 1/2 hours...and he was crying most of the time. The only thing that seemed to help was for me to hold him upright, facing away from me, and to rub his little tummy left to right. It was still uncomfortable for him, but at least it helped him to pass some of his pent-up gas.

Yesterday was my six week check up, so I brought it up to Denny. He prescribed a liquid Zantac, and it seems to be helping...which is wierd, because he's only been on it about 14 hours now, and I would think it would take longer to take effect...but whatever it is, we'll take it! Last night was sooo much better! PTL!

No comments: