Well, I'm back to work. But the good news is, I get to do it from home! I'm working for the same company, but now I work with a different boss than before as the "Purchasing Assistant".
Now, instead having to commute 10 minutes each way everyday, I can get my work done in the comfort of my jammies in my own home. I get the best of both worlds!
It does, however, have it's drawbacks. I had a processor call me back today...and I was scared to death my kids would start fighting, or screaming or something while I was on the phone. Luckily, that didn't happen...this time. I guess Mommy will really have to try HARD to teach her kids proper etiquette while she's on the phone.
So my day has gone a little like this:
7:30 Up and at 'em. The whole family was up and picking up bedrooms. Mommy put the first load of laundry in, and took two loads upstairs. (One from yesterday.) I put them away, all the while picking up things from where they DON'T belong and puting them where they DO.
8:00 I check my e-mail.
8:30 Breakfast! At this point, the kids were sick of picking up their room and entertaining themselves and they're hungry. I feed them and the baby, wash up the dishes and clean the kitchen.
9:00 Time to advance that laundry again.
10:30 Our first Lesson. I explain to the kids that there's to be NO talking while Mommy's on the phone. I need to make a few phone calls. But just in case the message doesn't sink in, I lock myself in a separate part of the house to make the calls. I get a hold of two of the processors and the third I leave a message to call me back. I also order long distance phone service because calling cards aren't the most convenient.
11:00 That darned laundry.
11:30 I make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and give the kids small cookie cutters to make their own sandwich shapes. This goes over pretty well, so I take the stove apart to wash it.
12:30 Just after Daddy leaves to go back to work, the phone rings...it's the processor calling me back! I run into the dining room, making signals for the kids to be really quiet. They did, and I made a big deal to praise them for it, hoping they'll remember the positive reinforcement next time.
1:00 I herd the kids upstairs to go potty, wash up, and take their naps. Then I put away some more laundry.
1:30 I check my e-mail again, and for the first time this week, take a minute to blog :D
1 comment:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Multi-Tasking Diva!!! I'm still laughing, that was great.
Someday, though, Madison is gonna yell something like, "Mom, the baby smells like POOP!!!" while you are on an important call. Then, you just have to laugh and let it roll :)
Post a Comment