
This morning we were "discharged" from the ICN!! Mathias has gone four days without an episode, and our Dr. wanted Seth and I to start getting "comfortable" with having the huge responsibility of caring for Mathias without ICN nurses to rely on. So he sent us to our room, and said that if we're comfortable enough, we could go home tomorrow!
As for the apnea monitor that he's on, it's pretty intimidating...it's got two sensors on his chest that are held in place by some "sputtum",as the lady from the home medical store called it, a padded belt, and some velcro. If "provoked", it sends out an ear-piercing signal that I'm sure, once we're home, will offend the neighbors. So far, knock on wood, it's only sounded when the connection was loose.
Maybe my hopes are too high, but I'm very optimistic that Mathias will pull out of this just fine, and SOON. The fact that the monitor hasn't been "needed" for four days is very promising, but a comforting thing to have in case...
I'm a little apprehensive for the day he has/gets to go home, but I know that God is in control. I'll rest in that.
1 comment:
So good to hear Mathias is doing better and home! We will continue to pray for his health & continued recovery. Luv~Teresa
Post a Comment