Thursday, August 07, 2008

"Get Out Of Cleaning Free"

Between preparing for our upcoming garage sale this past Saturday, spending three days in the Cities, and the garage sale itself this weekend, Seth and I, as parents of students attending our local Christian School, were supposedly required to clean the school last night. But upon arriving, (rather bitterly on the part of one of us, I won't say who,) we were told we needn't be there as our oldest wasn't going to be a full time student yet this year. It was our one-time-only "get out of cleaning free" card and this was our only chance to use it!

Hmm, what to do with our "free" time... oh wait, there's still plenty to do... how about those garage sale signs?

4 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

What? No way! Go see a movie, or get some coffee and dessert, or drive around in quiet without children for a bit!! :)

I loved looking at like your ENTIRE blog just now! That wedding looked like a blast!

Rachel said...

Believe me, the temptation was there. But the treat of being unprepared for the next morning weighed heavier on my poor soul.

Jeannie said...

I spent the majority of CCS cleaning trying to clean up the diaper blow-out of Ms. Hope. Holy Cow, that girl needed a hose-down.

How was the sale? Now I'm getting the itch to do one before summer's end...See you tonight, right?

Rachel said...

Oops, I meant "threat", not "treat".