Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bliss

Yesterday was a GREAT day!


It started off with school. I left right at 8, in order to get the kids into their classrooms with their indoor shoes on by 8:20. I got Malachi situated in his room, and went to check on Madison, who's generally pretty "lolly-gaggy" in the morning. But lo and behold, she already had her shoes changed, had hung up her jacket, and was heading into the classroom!


Since I still had 25 minutes until Bible Study at church started, I decided to plop Mathias into his stroller and walk (since it is only across the street :D) And it was a beautiful morning! Bible Study was great, we're doing The Patriarchs by Beth Moore. It's so full of information, which I love, so it leaves me wanting more!


After Bible Study, Mathias and I walked back to the school to pick Malachi up from PreSchool. We were a couple of minutes early, so I let Mat explore while I chatted with another mother.

We went home, had a great lunch, and Mathias went down for his nap easily. Aside from a few phone calls, I spent the remainder of the afternoon scouring my kitchen. I'm talking, take everything apart, and ruin your nails, scouring. It was GREAT!! It just feels so great getting to deep clean my house without children biting my ankles!

After supper I decided to tackle my dining room table, much of which contained artsy-craftsy coloring supplies. Typically, we keep things of this nature in the cluttered, highly disorganized bottom drawer of our buffet...but no longer. I went out and bought a plastic 5 drawer organizer and transplated the arts and crafts to the basement, leaving, imagine that, an empty drawer.

Now, I don't want to spend every day like yesterday, but I actually enjoyed myself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Hunny!!! I Appreciate You!

Amy said...

That's awesome! Pretty sure our place could use some deep-cleaning! There's just something very satifying about a clean house (even though it never stays that way for long)!

Kameron & Teresa said...

I agree...definately satisfying looking at your clean house after all the hard work you put in. I love sitting down after cleaning and enjoying a cup of jo or a soda and then reality sets in and I realize that soon after everybody either gets home or wakes up, it will no longer look this nice! LOL!!! :) Great job!!!!