This morning started like any other Monday morning. That is, until I realized (at 7:30) it was the day of Malachi's field trip to the Fire Station- a field trip I had agreed to chaperone!! I showered and threw on something presentable, and we were out of the house in 30 minutes...okay, 35. However, once I reached the school, a look into my glove compartment revealed NO current car insurance papers! Mal's teacher was forgiving, saying to just get them in when I could. (Which I did, right after we returned to school...I don't think I've ever driven so carefully!)
However, that's where the drama in my day ends. I actually had a really great time with Malachi and the six other students in his class! (Besides the teacher and another chaperone.)
Mrs. B. had the children do a worksheet before we left for the field trip. While the children were coloring their pictures, one little red-headed boy, assumingly the class clown, looked at me and said,
"Who's that?"
Mrs. B. explained that I was Malachi's Mommy.
"Is she a Pre-Schooler or is she just here to tell jokes?"
But the very best part of my day was as we were walking back to the van, and Malachi, who was a couple of paces ahead of me, turned around and said, "Mommy, I'm so glad you could come with us today."
5 comments:
kids say the cutest things!
Now my question is....did you actually tell any jokes?
HA!
That is such an 'Awe' moment!
Sounds like a great day!
Awww; I love their little sweet comments. They are so innocent and sincere. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment