Since we found out a couple of days ago that the company Seth works for is changing insurances, we're changing our surgery date. The insurance we have now (one which no one has ever heard of) didn't pre-approve us for Madison's Otoplasty. (If you're totally lost as to what I'm talking about, see here, here and here.) Up until this point, we were going to go ahead with the surgery anyway, and pray that some/most/all of it would be covered. Now that we have another option, we're going to go ahead and take it. At the very least, we'll have a head start on our 2009 deductible.
So anyway, instead of Madison going in for surgery on the 22nd, it's now changed to January 5th. I'm a little bummed we had to change the date for two reasons: 1: She's actually supposed to be in school that day, instead of starting her two week Christmas break, and 2: I'm supposed to be working the whole month of January in the office. I hate to have to take more time off than necessary since I'm sort-of "filling in". I am, however, happy it's being postponed because Seth and I promised Madison she'd have her own (newly decorated) room after the surgery. This gives me more time to complete all of the little projects I have planned for her little "Garden Paradise".
So instead of painting Mathias' current room this weekend, and moving a ton of furniture, Seth and I may be able to finish our Christmas shopping.
There's a novel idea...
1 comment:
We will be praying for you all & especially for Madison's anxiety as the time grows closer. I told Maddie that the doctor was going to "fix" Madison's ears just like he fixed her finger and she just said "okay." She's going to make her a card when the time comes! Love you guys!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment