Up until this past weekend, our tv had it's place upon one of our end tables. This worried me to No. End.
I've heard horror stories of children pulling heavy things down on themselves, and I could only pray that that wouldn't happen with our tv in such a precarious position.
So Seth and I scoured furniture stores, garage sales, and various classifieds such as craigslist.com in search of the entertainment center to die for.
Which, if you've heard of craigslist, you're probably well aware that that may be something to worry about.
But we were not to be deterred.
And our efforts were not in vain. This past Saturday, we found an ad for a corner unit. (which is about the only thing that will work in our open living room.) The description sounded like what we were looking for, but since there were no pictures, we asked the owner to e-mail them to us.
We received the e-mail Sunday after church, and since it was exactly what we were looking for, we were sold! However, if we wanted this particular entertainment center, we were going to have to drive an hour and a half one-way to get it.
We decided to offer about 25% less than the asking price, stating our mileage situation. The owners took our offer if we could come RIGHT NOW! (I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but we got a steal!)
Anyway, I called my sister Becca to see if she'd be willing to watch the kids while we were gone, and since she was leading a drama practice, and had plans afterward, she recruited one of her drama kids to help us out.
I was a little uneasy about having a complete stranger in my house, with my children, but Jewels turned out to be a great babysitter! I'd totally recommend her. (And I knew that my dad was across the street, and Becca was in town in case anything happened.)
It's a good thing we left when we did, because the craigslist advertiser had moved the entertainment center out in front of their house, and a couple was out of their vehicle looking at it! I'd like to say that I don't think they would've sold it before we got there, but let's be honest, it's craigslist.
But I digress. I'm sure you want to see pictures, so here they are:
4 comments:
LOVE IT! That is a steal & to be able to "hide away" everything is even better!!!
I'm glad you liked Jewels! I can give you her number if you ever need her again! She really is an awesome girl!
NICE tv hutch!!! That was a steal! It looks great in your home!
That is wonderful!
Post a Comment