Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Updatius Maximus

Hello!

Seth, Mat and I just returned from a walk around the Women and Children's unit here at the hospital, and I can safely say that Mathias walked us!

The nurse came in about half an hour ago and gave him an oral steroid to reduce the possible swelling on his vocal chords. She warned us that it might make him hyper, but we weren't expecting this!

He said "hello" to everyone he met in the hallway, making instant friends! One nurse remarked, "You're going to get yourself kicked out of here, acting like that!"

We were able to speak to Mat's doctor around lunch time. He came in and looked at Mathias' films, and decided that we should keep him over night once more, take a couple more x-rays tomorrow morning, and go from there.

He's been off Oxygen most of the day, and we've been continuing to monitor his levels. They've stayed up around 100 all day, so hopefully they stay that way through the night.

Thank you all for your prayers! I have no doubt that this is the end of it, and we'll be able to be back to normal in no time!

God is so good!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Rach! Just checked your blog and can't believe all you've been through the past couple of days! I pray he comes home soon and this will all be a memory. Love you!

Erica said...

Oh Rachel, that is terrible!! Poor little guy. I'm glad he's on the up and up and pray that it continues!! Bless his little heart.