Sunday, September 30, 2007

Update

Mathias and I saw Dr. Denny again this past Friday. Mathias is weighing in at 11 pounds now! He's gaining about a pound a week...let's hope he doesn't continue at this pace! He'll weigh as much as me in...well, you get the idea.

Denny said that we can ditch the apnea monitor next Friday! He also took Mat's head circumference and, perhaps being alarmed that it was 39 centimeters (not exactly sure what it should've been), ordered another CT scan. Like, now. So I lugged baby, carseat, diaperbag/purse, and apnea monitor and walked over to the hospital. (Not so bad since it's right across the street.) The technician said that if Mathias wasn't completely still, they'd have to admit him, sedate him, and try it again. I said a quick prayer that that wouldn't be necessary, and wouldn't you know, Mathias really started to act "sedated" on his own! (I can't really say that I'm surprised. God works like that ;)) He didn't move a muscle!

Friday night we took off to spend the night at Seth's twin sister Sandy's place about 2 hours from our house, and then to my aunt and uncles about 20 minutes from there on Saturday. My dad and his twin brother turned 50 this June, and my uncle's birthday gift was a trip to MN to see the Viking/Packer game with his son. (They came in from North Carolina) So when we arrived home late last night, we were thrilled to hear Dr. Denny's voice on our answering machine saying that the CT results were in and that Mathias is showing vast improvement! The hemorrhage is resolving and there's no sign that the absorption of blood has caused any blockage or swelling or anything like that, so yea. PTL!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Amen and Amen!

Kameron & Teresa said...

So happy to hear that Mathias is continuing to grow stronger every day! An answer to all of our prayers!