I've always know my kids are smart-and friends who spend any amount of time with them re-iterate that to me from time to time, but today Malachi was proving his math skills to me. Here is the conversation I had this morning with my 4 1/2 year old:
Mal: "Mommy, 1+2+3+4 is 10."
Me: (After running the math in my head), "Wow, Malachi, you're right!"
Mal: (Without missing a beat), "And 1+2+3+4+5 is 15!
Me: "That's right!"
Mal: "And 1+2+3+4+5+6 is 21."
Me: "Malachi, who told you this?"
Mal: "I learned it myself. And 1+2+3+4+5+6+7 is 28!"
Me: "Stop it, just stop it! You're too young to be doing MATH!!"
Mal: "And 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8 is 36!"
So what do you think?
5 comments:
Wow! That's pretty impressive! He does math better than I do =-)
Wow! That's pretty impressive! He does math better than I do =-)
MIT anyone?
He showed us his impressive skills during the Superbowl game. Seth said he's been learning it from one of the mario games or something? He is one smart, little cookie to pick that up so fast!
Tell me about Twitter -- are you on it?
Post a Comment