Thursday, February 19, 2009

Whoa...

Well, as promised, I'm going to spend a minute updating you on Madison's condition.

She's been doing remarkably well, in my opinion. Aside from the occasional soreness, and, as of last night, extreme itchiness, she's been a very bright, positive young girl.

I picked the kids up from my friend Angie's last night after work, and Madison was already almost in tears over her itchy ears. I tried to get home as quickly as I could, but by the time I got home, she was practically screaming! So I caved and gave her two teaspoons of Tylenol with Codeine. I don't know if it was psychological, or what, but that seemed to calm her almost instantly. (That and the Disney Channel).

Then last night as I was kissing her "goodnight", (she was already sleeping) I couldn't help but notice that her bandage was down over her eyes, and the tops of her little ears were poking out the top! I called (quietly) for Seth to come help me pull it up, but we woke her in the process. I don't know if she was hurt, or just scared, but she did NOT like that! Finally, with Seth holding her arms, and I-very gingerly trying to pull up the gauze, we did get it back up to about halfway as far as the Dr. had it to begin with. Then we wrapped her entire head with an ACE Bandage. That seemed to hold it enough for her to go back to sleep.

Seth took the day off today since I took off Monday and Tuesday, and took her back in to see Dr. J. We wanted to know that her ears were still where they were supposed to be, and that our makeshift bandage would hold up until next Monday afternoon. Their appointment with the Dr. took all of 10 minutes, and they were cleared to go! I think we'll all be a little more careful about that thing falling too far down from now on!

Just pray for patience for us, and especially for Madison. Pray also that she will be comfortable these last 4 1/2 days until she can be free from all that gauze!

Thank you for all of your prayers and support!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

can't believe it's already done! it will be incredible to see her...