Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 10- And day 2 of Exercise!

Yay! I did it! My first BIG milestone! I'm officially 1/6 of the way there.

My energy level has stayed pretty high, considering my calorie intake has been greatly reduced this past week and a half. Because of this, I decided I'd start exercising. Another step towards a healthier lifestyle. :)

If you've been following my blog for awhile, you might remember that a few years ago, I did Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It's a nice workout, in that it's short (only about 20 minutes), and it covers everything: strength, cardio and abwork. It also has three different levels, so doing it consistently won't result in muscle memory if I switch it up a little every now and then.

It's this program that I decided to start again yesterday morning. Surprisingly, it wasn't too hard to get out of bed to work out. I couldn't have said that the last time I did the Shred. Another surprise to me was that I'm not as out of shape as I thought I was.

Last year at this time, I was going for 1/2 hour runs 3-4 times per week. I knew I was going to regret ever quitting that lifestyle when I started this one. But my body hasn't forgotten how to work hard and push past the pain, and persevere.

I've also figured out that although I can't eat any solid foods right now, I LOVE talking about delicious food, and smelling delicious food. For the first several days, I couldn't stomach being around food, just knowing I couldn't eat any. But I'm figuring out that I feel full even just smelling different foods. Now's the time to do a bunch of cooking and baking :)

Does anyone have any great freezer meal recipes?

No comments: