Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 4!!

They say that once you make it through three days of this fast, that the rest is smooth sailing.

Or something like that.

Monday was my day two, and as the day progressed, I started feeling more and more ill. The thought of drinking another glass of juice made my stomach churn. Seth brought a glass of juice with us to Bible Study Monday night, and as we were climbing into the car to leave, I caught a glimpse of it in the cupholder. I almost had to get back out to hurl. Once we got home, I pulled a sweatshirt on, with the hood over my head, and laid down on the couch for the rest of the night. It was awful. I thought I was coming down with something. But I had to remind myself that my body was withdrawing from all of the nasty junk I've been putting into my body for my entire life.

It wasn't going to be easy.

Tuesday morning was a little better, but I still had that nagging feeling of nausea for much of the morning. By lunchtime, though, I was feeling a lot better, and my energy even started to noticeably increase.

Seth was making a new juice recipe when I got home. And when I say recipe, I mean, he was dumping an original combination of fruits and vegetables into the juicer.

One particular ingredient he chose last night was the Leek.

Have you ever tried Leek? Until last night, I hadn't. While shopping for fresh produce Sunday afternoon, I was intrigued by it, and thought I'd give it a try.

If you've never seen a Leek, it looks like a giant green onion.

And it smelled like a giant green onion.

Let me tell you something: If a vegetable looks like a giant green onion, and smells like a giant green onion, It's probably a giant green onion.

Seth took the first gulp of the juice, and promptly gagged.

"Oh great," I thought, "If Seth can't stomach it, I sure as smell wouldn't be able to."

So I did what any mature, sophisticated, refined adult woman would do.

I stood in front of the sink, plugged my nose, and started gulping.

It wasn't so bad when all I could taste was the onion aftertaste.

Until I finished the glass and unplugged my nose.

Let's just say that that concoction was even worse the second time, if you know what I mean.

After supper, we took the kids to the park, and--get this--actually played TAG for a good portion of an hour! To think that 24 hours prior I was sure I was on the brink of death, and now I was chasing my kids in the sand.

I can do this.

No comments: