“If you can just find a way to keep going, either metaphorically or literally, whether you’re running a marathon or facing financial problems or have bad news to deliver or it’s tough at work or whatever, if you can just find a way to keep going, then you will discover that you have potential within yourself that you never never realized,” --Felicity Aston
Felicity Aston is a 35 year old British woman, and the first human being ever to scale the vast continent of Antarctica, on skis. That's right, she spent 59 days (sound familiar?) skiing across the coldest tundra on the planet. Solo.
You can read about her harrowing journey here.
Seth finished his "contracted" 15 days on Sunday. To say that this is going to make it more difficult for me to finish 60 days would be an understatement. Most people have NO idea how hard it is to watch your family sit and enjoy French Toast, while you sip your cocktail o' produce. It's pure. torture.
Yesterday at work, I mentioned stopping my juice fast after day 30. You would have thought I had proposed to walk onto the set of American Idol and belch the National Anthem or something.
Now, I'm not really sure how my juice fast could elicit such emotion from people, but I wouldn't be exaggerating if I told you that by just throwing that idea out there, I darn near started an argument.
I get that people passionately want me to persevere to meet my goal, but is it anyone's business but mine?
While there are no plans at this time to quit my fast, I'd be lying if I told you the thought hasn't crossed my mind a lot in the past few days. I'm not saying I'd dive into a deep dish pizza, but a nice sandwich with plenty of veggies would be a great alternative, in my opinion.
If Felicity Aston would've decided at day 15 that she would unfasten her skis on day 30, she wouldn't have broken the record she did.
I'm not going for any broken records, but for now, I'll keep reminding myself that there are more difficult ways to spend 59 days...
“Keeping going is the important thing, persevering, no matter how messy that gets. I mean, for me, sometimes I’ll be sitting in my tent in the morning bawling my eyes out, having tantrums. It’s not been pretty. But I’ve kept going, and that is the important thing because at some point in the future you’ll look back and just be amazed at how far you’ve come.”--Felicity Aston
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Day 17--Persevere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's your choice to quit, but know you have support to keep going! You can do it.
I LOVE these quotes! So proud of your attitude!
Post a Comment