Monday, April 13, 2009

As promised, more Easter

We spent Friday evening at Seth's brother Michael's. Michael and Cara are re-doing their main floor bathroom and needed Seth's electrical expertise.

On Saturday, we had our Easter meal at Seth's sister Maretta's. There were about 25 of us there, and only 8 pies for us to share!

I'm kidding.

Subtract one of the pies for me, preferably Sandy's Coconut Creme, and there were only 7 pies for the other 24 to share.
After the yummy lunch, and Maretta's son Jack's birthday cake, (Did anyone even eat any cake after all that pie?) The adults went outside to hide the tote full of Easter eggs for the kids to find.

Every year, Seth's twin sister Sandy, and her husband Davy who elect to remain childless for the time-being, bring candy-filled eggs for all of the nieces and nephews. Sandy says it's because she wants to get the rest of us fat so that she can be the skinniest.
Do you see what I married into?

It's a wonder I have any self-esteem left at all.

Between the three of my children, we usually bring home at least a quarter of a grocery sack full of candy.

But I'm not complaining.
After our sugar-filled afternoon, we headed back to Michael and Cara's for Seth and Michael to finish up the wiring in the bathroom. We wanted to go to Herberger's for some last minute additions to our Easter ensembles, but weren't sure we were going to make it. As it stood, we had to get home, feed the kids, and at the very least get them bathed before bed.

So we opted for plan B. I called my amazing, thoughtful, extremely helpful sister Brittany and bribed her with McDonald's in exchange for the afore mentioned duties.

She happily (I think) obliged!

Sunday morning began bright and early, as I had to be at church at 7am for Choir. But an hour long afternoon nap made up for it.

By the time the kids and I had finished drooling on our pillows, David and Paul and Amy were already at my folks' house.

Becca's boyfriend Trevor also joined in the (loud) festivities, and lucky for him, we were able to refrain from breaking out into anything remotely resembling 4 part harmony while he was there.
I'd say that's a new record.

Anyway, after lunch, we girls were finally able to take our "sister pic":

My brother Paul, our world renown photographer, tried (sometimes unsuccessfully) to get us all to pose for the camera. In this one, "You're tigers, you're ferocious tigers!"...Apparently Amy and I didn't get the memo.
In this one, I think we're supposed to be monkeys, or begging dogs, or praying mantises, or dopey seals...I'm not sure which.


This is our impression of someone who had the winning lottery ticket, and lost it.

And this, purely for your viewing pleasure: Our impression of Liz's face as she's thinking: "What's a lottery ticket?"

Finally, we got a keeper:

We hope you all had a Blessed Easter 2009!


2 comments:

becks said...

next time we can sing for him...
next time!

Anonymous said...

i thought i was the one that called your sister to babysit and bribed her.........