Since both sets of families live within 40 miles of us, we had two Easter celebrations this weekend.
But before I divulge the details of the weekend, let me tell you what this Easter has meant to me.
For the past couple of months, Seth and I have been involved in a small group Bible study. Last week, we watched a Louie Giglio video from his Indescribable tour.
Louie talks about the size of the Universe we live in, and pointed out how incredibly small we are. (Duh.)
We who think the world revolves around us, who think things like weight loss and American Idol even matter.
But God, the omnipotent Creator of this Universe, loved little old me so much that he sent his only son Jesus to DIE an unimagineable death, so that I wouldn't have to suffer forever in hell because of the many mistakes I've made in my life.
But the best part is, this tragic and violent death wasn't the end of our Savior. Three days after his brutal crucifixion, he ROSE from the DEAD!
The promise of Salvation is that we may now spend ETERNITY (that's a long time) with HIM!!
Kinda makes a girl feel unworthy sometimes.
I've really been reflecting this past week on the ginormity of God's indescribable creation. I start to think of him as WAY out there- further than I can even imagine. Then I see Him zoom way in to that hill at Calvary, where three lone crosses stood.
I see him weeping, just as I might weep if it were one of my sons hanging there. Maybe even harder, seeing the weight of my sins on his shoulders.
And in that moment, when Christ breathes his last breath, my Father turns his tear stained face from his only, dearly loved son, not able to face the impurity he carries. Impurities he doesn't deserve to carry.
Not only did Jesus endure a violent, torturous death, but he endured the shame of my sins.
God sacrificed His son. For me.
For you.
Jesus' body lay in a cold, empty tomb for three days. His spirit resided in Hell for as long.
But on that third day, Christ's prophesy was fulfilled!
He arose!
Now I can spend forever and ever with him!
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.
1 comment:
I think we'll all still be trying to wrap our heads around it until we die.
Post a Comment